[DFDL-WG] whitespace in DFDL annotations: right now regex is xs:string, expression is xs:token

Suman Kalia kalia at ca.ibm.com
Tue Mar 19 13:29:10 EDT 2013

Mike - I am not sure but my gut feeling is that it would start with the
most restrictive one first.  i.e  If empty string    ( assuming it has
length facet 1) -  would match Nothing ,   then xsd:token which is
restricted form of xs:string.  I think you are going to get string with
white spaces collpsed  ( xsd:token) if it not empty string.  You can run
few tests to see the behavior..

Suman Kalia
IBM Canada Lab
WMB Toolkit Architect and Development Lead
Tel: 905-413-3923 T/L 313-3923
Email: kalia at ca.ibm.com

For info on Message broker
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/businessintegration/wmb.html