[DFDL-WG] regex free-spacing mode

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:26:17 EDT 2013

To clarify, errata v13 has this in the table for erratum 3.29 in the list
of non-portables:

(?imsx-imsx:X)

X, as a non-capturing group with the
given flags. Note that the flags i,s,m,x
are valid, but appending :X to the flag is
not.

Java 7 only

I interpret this as meaning that only the so-called modifier-span notation
(the : suffix) is disallowed, but not just plain (?x), but I wanted to be
sure that was the correct interpretation.