[DFDL-WG] clarification needed: Ignore case

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jun 20 05:48:26 EDT 2013

Agree.

Architect, IBM Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848

From:   Tim Kimber/UK/IBM at IBMGB
To:     dfdl-wg at ogf.org,
Date:   19/06/2013 20:12
Subject:        Re: [DFDL-WG] clarification needed: Ignore case
Sent by:        dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

I agree with your thoughts on this. We have taken care not to change the
rules of XSD validation when specifying DFDL. So the ignoreCase property
controls how we parse the data format, not the logical values in the DFDL
info set.
I do agree, though, that it is worth making that clear.

regards,

Tim Kimber, DFDL Team,
Hursley, UK
Internet:  kimbert at uk.ibm.com