[DFDL-WG] Ignore extraneous CRLF w/ space?

Garriss Jr., James P. jgarriss at mitre.org
Tue Jun 4 14:56:36 EDT 2013

Long IMF headers, such as Received, can be wrapped onto the next line by using a CRLF and then a space.  This example has 3 such wrappings:

 by localhost (Postfix) via Exchange Front-End Server webmail.afmc.af.mil
 ([131.28.34.85]) with SMTP id 0A8791F116E for <jgarriss at mitre.org>; Tue,
  4 Jun 2013 14:03:24 -0400 (EDT)

How do I get DFDL to ignore these wrappings?  For most of the header, it's not an issue, because I can use a lengthPattern to lookahead to the ; before the date starts.  But once the date starts, I have no way of knowing when it ends, so I need to ignore any CRLF with a space.

TIA