[DFDL-WG] clarification needed: when expressions are evaluated

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 16:15:07 EDT 2013

Nevermind. I found section 6.3.2 is very clear on this:

DFDL expressions reference other items in the infoset or augmented infoset
using absolute or
relative paths. Relative paths are evaluated when the component containing
the expression is
referenced not when it is declared. For example a global element may have a
DFDL property
which is an expression that contains a relative path to another element.
The relative path is
evaluated when the global element is referenced from an element reference.

I guess I need to re-read the whole darn thing!