[DFDL-WG] Use of xs:fixed and xs: prefix generally on XSD attributes

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:59:31 EST 2013

This may be a nit, but in prose when we want to distinguish an xsd
attribute from a dfdl attribute or property, we prefix it with xs: as in
xs:fixed, xs:nillable, etc.

However, this is technically incorrect as those attributes are in no
namespace. (XML Schema of XSD itself uses the default attributeFormDefault
which is 'unqualified'.) A reader might think we are referring to some XSD
construct they haven't heard of such as an <xs:nillable...> XSD element,
but which doesn't exist.

I am ok with keeping things as they are, or we can change to language like
"XSD's nillable attribute" and "XSD's fixed attribute", and so forth.