[DFDL-WG] Glossary items needed (for a v12 errata?)

Tim Kimber KIMBERT at uk.ibm.com
Mon Jan 28 11:23:42 EST 2013

Mike,

I agree with your analysis.

re: "I suspect we should just provide our definitions rather than
switching terms, but I'm open to it if we want to convert all uses of
codepoint to "code unit"."
There is already a lot of confusion ( in the world of software ) around
Unicode and its terminology. Our goal should be to use terminology that is
consistent with Unicode's standard - otherwise I foresee a lot of
opportunity for confusion, leading to divergent implementations of DFDL. I
would prefer us to switch to the standard terms unless it's really
painful.

regards,

Tim Kimber, DFDL Team,
Hursley, UK