[DFDL-WG] Fw: Proposed Errata: New function dfdl:stringLiteralToString

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:15:50 EST 2013

How about: convertEntitiesToCharacters/convertCharactersToEntities ?

Those are nice and descriptive, but a bit verbose/long. XPath is already
hard to write, adding huge long identifiers to functions you actually need
to call alot just makes this worse.

So, how about fromEntities/toEntities ? or replaceEntities/useEntities ?

I like putting the word Entities in there, because that's more descriptive
of what is really going on than "string" vs. "string literal".