[DFDL-WG] Action 237: Do we need the lengthKind 'endOfParent' restriction for local groups?

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Mon Dec 2 06:37:38 EST 2013

237
Public comment: Do we need the lengthKind 'endOfParent' restriction for
local groups? (Steve)
5/11: http://redmine.ogf.org/boards/15/topics/51. Stops such an element
being wrapped in a local group. It looks like this was added to make
checking easier. Really the restriction is that the element is "last in
the box", and could in principle have surrounding intermediate sequences
or implicit choices. Need concise language to express this.
12/11: Need language written.
26/11: With Steve, no progress.

Attached is an updated version of the description for 'endOfParent', which
attempts to make the concept clearer.

Architect, IBM Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
smh at uk.ibm.com