[DFDL-WG] Action 204: Establish strict versus lax behaviour for ICU calendar patterns

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:23:15 EDT 2013

This is helpful.

Given where we are, let's just put this in as doc of what strict and lax
mean.

I'm in favor of adding the variations of EEEE... and eeee... which are
supported by ICU. This is upward compatible, and will avoid need for a
special check to exclude them.

The broken EEEEE form is just a bug - I'd say this is just a release note
item for products providing DFDL, unless ICU fixes it 'real soon now'.