[DFDL-WG] Spec bug: WSP* should not be allowed for textStandardZeroRep

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 12:02:07 EDT 2013

We don't allow %ES; for textStandardZeroRep. But we do allow character
class entities like %NL; %WSP; %WSP+; and... problematic: %WSP*;

I claim if you don't allow %ES; you should not allow %WSP*; because it
matches zero-or-more, allowing an empty-string to match in principle.

Leaving off WSP* only eliminates the zero-characters option, as WSP+ is
available.

There are probably other places in the spec that have this same issue.
Basically, anyplace that %ES is disallowed but the other character class
entities are allowed.