[DFDL-WG] Specify field based on the beggining of the binary file

Miguel Vieira carlos.vieira at gmv.com
Mon Sep 17 09:46:02 EDT 2012

Hi!

I have a binary file specification that specifies some fields referenced by the beginning of the binary info.
For instance imagine that there is a field with 1024Bytes and the next one starts at byte 512 counting from the beginning of the info.

Is it possible to do that using dfdl?
I've seen dfdl:floating, but I can't find much info on that.

Thanks.

________________________________

Miguel Vieira
Software Engineer