[DFDL-WG] minor spec correction Appendix 33

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:30:48 EDT 2012

I'd like to confirm understanding of a particular simple case of escape
sequences.

Suppose the escape character is "/"

Suppose the delimiter is ";".

If the data stream contains abcd/efgh then does the logical data retain, or
remove the escape character? (or cause an error?)

This is the case where the escape character isn't escaping anything, so the
question is whether its special status as escape character is therefor
ignored, treating it as a constituent character, or it is some sort of
error we detect.

I was surprised to not find this as row 2 of the table in Section 31.1.

...mike