[DFDL-WG] Second draft of DFDL Errata v011

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:10:14 EST 2012

I reviewed this.

2.108 has Change: Format annotations.... and also Remove: Format
Annotations. Should just have Change.

3.13 I think we missed a couple places where the previous design where we
had replacement control is still leaking into the text.

Phrase "Any character that is skipped counts as 0." should be dropped. We
don't skip anymore.

Concerning:  "In the following, the match is against data where any
character replacement has already taken place." The first sub-bullet about
lengthKind pattern is incorrect. For lengthKind pattern I believe any
decode error should cause the match to end, i.e., a pattern that matches
digits only will match a string of digts followed by binary data that
causes a decode error. Similarly, when matching literal nils, (character or
literal value), any decode error should cause the match to fail.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Steve Hanson <smh at uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> A few corrections made and added errata from Nov 20th call.  Please review
> for next call.  Also now on Redmine.
>

> Regards
>
> Steve Hanson
> Architect, Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
> Co-Chair, *OGF DFDL Working Group* <http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/>
> IBM SWG, Hursley, UK*
> **smh at uk.ibm.com* <smh at uk.ibm.com>
> tel:+44-1962-815848
> ----- Forwarded by Steve Hanson/UK/IBM on 23/11/2012 17:40 -----
>
> From:        Steve Hanson/UK/IBM
> To:        dfdl-wg at ogf.org,
> Date:        20/11/2012 14:23
> Subject:        First draft of DFDL Errata v011
> ------------------------------
>

> Please find attached the first draft of Errata v011.
> This incorporates all DFDL spec errata raised since v010 (June 22 2012)
> until the last DFDL WG call (November 13 2012).
> Change tracking: I accepted all changes from v010 so the changes you see
> are all due to v011.
> I would appreciate a review for correctness and omissions.
> Please note that some of the new errata have been best handled by updating
> existing related errata, so please read from start.
>

> Regards
>
> Steve Hanson
> Architect, Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
> Co-Chair, *OGF DFDL Working Group* <http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/>
> IBM SWG, Hursley, UK*
> **smh at uk.ibm.com* <smh at uk.ibm.com>
> tel:+44-1962-815848