[DFDL-WG] Clarification needed: regular expressions - does '.' match newlines by default?

Tim Kimber KIMBERT at uk.ibm.com
Wed Nov 14 11:15:45 EST 2012

I would vote for this feature to be switched off by default in DFDL
processors. It is mainly useful when dealing with lines of text, but DFDL
formats are not always lines of text.
So to be 100% clear, I think the '.' wildcard should match all characters,
including line endings.

regards,

Tim Kimber, DFDL Team,
Hursley, UK