[DFDL-WG] regex dialect considered too loose in spec

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Sat Nov 10 11:49:21 EST 2012

IBM DFDL does not yet support lengthKind or testKind 'pattern' but when we
do our intent is to use ICU's regex (
http://userguide.icu-project.org/strings/regexp)

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848

From:   Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
To:     dfdl-wg at ogf.org,
Date:   09/11/2012 19:08
Subject:        [DFDL-WG] regex dialect considered too loose in spec
Sent by:        dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

In a recent review meeting, a lot of discomfort was expressed by otherwise
enthusiastic DFDL supporters, about our vagueness about regex-dialect
accepted by DFDL.

What regex dialect is used by each of the IBM implementations (C/Java)?
Are they compatible?

--
Mike Beckerle | OGF DFDL WG Co-Chair
Tel:  781-330-0412