[DFDL-WG] XML Schema do type references have to be qualified?

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:03:26 EDT 2012

So, I did some research, and answered my own question.

Section 3.3.4.2 of "Definitive XML Schema" by Walmsley, says that the
schema below is illegal as the name
"bar" will be interpreted as a reference to xsd:bar, not the targetNamespace.

However, it seems many XML Schema processors may be tolerant of this error.