[DFDL-WG] Issue 163: Expressions returning ES - type of error when expression returns wrong type.

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jan 24 04:25:53 EST 2012

Tim and I have discussed this and we are ok with making these situations
schema definition errors rather than processing errors. We've not been
able to find a realistic use case where an expression failing in this
manner could legitimately be interpreted as failing to discriminate a
point of uncertainty. It almost certainly indicates a problem withe the
expression or an ambiguity with the model.  For example, in the sequence
case, the modeler can always return a single element by using a predicate
in the expression (eg {../count[1]} )

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848