[DFDL-WG] issue 145 - name dfdl:elementAlias

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Thu Apr 5 08:05:21 EDT 2012

Mike

I had suggested elementAlias for exactly the two reasons you mention :)

If we add xs:any support in the future then we don't need to add a new
property, and it makes refactoring a choice into a wildcard, and vice
versa, straightforward.  I am ok changing the name but I don't think the
name should contain 'choice'.

With SAP IDocs, the element name is the content of the tag field.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848