[DFDL-WG] Issue 168 - Re: Fw: Escape scheme properties that can be expressions

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Thu Apr 5 07:44:44 EDT 2012

Mike

I think the wording in 6.3.2 applies specifically to the anonymous
dfdl:format. I don't think it was intended to apply to dfdl:format inside
dfdl:defineFormat nor to dfdl:escapeScheme inside dfdl:defineEscapeScheme,
presumably due to the reasons we discussed on last week's call - namely
that by using dfdl:ref they can be applied directly to a specific object.
Of course, dfdl:ref can be used on the anonymous dfdl:format too,  So the
6.3.2 words should have said:

"In the dfd:format annotation on the xs:schema, a DFDL property either
declared locally or obtained via dfdl:ref and which uses a DFDL
expressions to provide its value MAY NOT contain relative paths".

So I think we still need to decide on dfdl:format inside dfdl:defineFormat
nor to dfdl:escapeScheme inside dfdl:defineEscapeScheme.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848