[DFDL-WG] Question on nilValueDelimiterPolicy

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Nov 8 03:20:41 CST 2011

For call today.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848
----- Forwarded by Steve Hanson/UK/IBM on 08/11/2011 09:20 -----

From:
Steve Hanson/UK/IBM
To:
Tim Kimber/UK/IBM at IBMGB
Cc:
Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
Date:
Re: question on nilValueDelimiterPolicy

I'll add to the agenda for DFDL WG call.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848

From:
Tim Kimber/UK/IBM
To:
Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
Cc:
Steve Hanson/UK/IBM at IBMGB
Date:
Re: question on nilValueDelimiterPolicy

Mike,

I agree - I've raised this point before. I have always felt that
nilValueDelimiterPolicy should not apply to nilLogicalValue ( regardless
of whether the type is xs:string ). The existing definition makes life
very hard for implementers, and does not solve any pressing problems as
far as I can see.

regards,

Tim Kimber, Common Transformation Team,
Hursley, UK