[DFDL-WG] [wg-all] Repeating groups in DFDL

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jul 26 05:40:29 CDT 2011

Yes we need  a friendly way of saying 'I am the last item' when using
occursCountKind is 'parsed'.

But with what we have today, could we use a discriminator on the repeating
element that fails when the indicator of the previous repeat was 0 ? So
speculation starts to parse the thing after the last repeat on the
assumption it is another repeat and then fails and backtracks.

<dfdl:assert>{if dfdl:position() eq 1 then true else if
'./present[dfdl:position()-1]' eq 0 then false else true}</dfdl:assert>

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848