[DFDL-WG] Agenda for OGF DFDL WG call 10 March 2010- 13:00 UK (8:00 ET)

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Wed Mar 10 05:23:13 CST 2010

1. Spec issues

documentFinalTerminatorCanBeMissing:
Let's try to avoid creating another property for the postfix separator
scenario. I think this property provides a way of modelling the data
naturally.
We can recommend use of infix-with-a-terminator rather than 'postfix' if
the final terminator can be missing.

We didn't come to a conclusion on the alst WG call.

dfdl:lengthKind endOfParent
'endOfParent' has almost the same meaning as 'delimited' so should have
the same semantics.
·        the item?s terminator (if specified)
·        an enclosing construct?s separator or terminator
·        the end of an enclosing construct designated by its known length
·        the end of the data stream
The effect would be the the element could be ended by the nearest known
length parent not just the immediate parent. Also the immediate parent
could have lengthKind 'implicit'

dfdl:lengthKind endOfParent
LengthUnits 'characters' is currently for simple representation 'text'
only. Should it be allowed for complex?

Selectors
Should they be moved to an appendix.

DFDL Expression Syntax
Value comparison operators are 'eq' 'lt' 'gt' etc not '=' '<' '>' because
these were defined poorly in XPATH v1 and replaced in XPATH V2.
Unfortunately most examples us '=' etc

Syntax of expressions in string literals.  Add
 A DFDL string literal which begins with { and does not end with } does
not need to have its leading { escaped.

IgnoreCase
Should ignoreCase apply to numberInfinityRep and numberNaNRep

Escapes.
Should escapeCharacter, escapeEscapeCharacater etc allow DFDL expressions.

2. Current Actions:
No
Action
066
Investigate format for defining test cases
25/11:IBM to see if it is possible to publish its test case format.
04/12: no update
09/12: no update
16/12: reminded dent to project manager
23/12: SH will send another reminder.
06/01: Another reminder will be sent
13/01: no update
20/01: no update
27/01: no progress
29/01: no progress
03/02: IBM is still investigating
10/02: IBM is still investigating
17/02: IBM is willing in principle to publish the test case format and
some of the test cases. May need some time to build a 'compliance suite'
24/03: No progress
03/03: Discussions have been taking place on the subset of tests that will
be provided.
080
AP:Clarify semantics of fn:poisition and fn:count
17/02: no progress
24/03: No progress
03/03: no progress. There are other functions which return a duration
which need investgating

3 Status of specification  (for OGF28)

Alan Powell

Development - MQSeries, Message Broker, ESB
IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
IBM
MP211, Hursley Park
Hursley, SO21 2JN
United Kingdom