[DFDL-WG] DFDL V1 Draft 039 is available

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Mar 2 11:15:21 CST 2010

Alan

I've marked up a hard copy of draft 039 and will drop it round.  The
review has highlighted a couple of issues that need resolving by the WG on
this week's call.

1) Name of property dfdl:textNumberRepresentation is not consistent with
dfdl:binaryNumberRep, dfdl:binaryFloatRep, etc.

2) The dfdl:numberPattern etc properties that have been moved from the
defunct dfdl:textNumberFormat annotation to dfdl:element etc should be
called dfdl:textNumberPattern etc. Otherwise users will think they apply
to binary numbers too.

3) In section 14.3 on sequences, there are several sub-sections that talk
about parsing according to different ways of specifying length (ie,
lengthKind). But dfdl:sequence no longer carries dfdl:lengthKind so I
think these sub-sections are not in the right place.  I think they should
be in section 12, under the correct 12.3.x lengthKind sub-section.

4) Section 19 on built-in specifications. Given that we don't have any for
public comment phase we should reword this section.

We also need to make sure we have done a mailing list final call for
input.

I also have the opportunity to update the OGF 28 session description
before the printed program is finalised. The original session description
assumed we would be in Public Comment phase so the WG needs to agree on
some adjusted wording that reflects the slippage, which we should do on
this week's call.

Programming Model Architect, WebSphere Message Broker,
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL WG
Hursley, UK,
Internet: smh at uk.ibm.com,
Phone (+44)/(0) 1962-815848