[DFDL-WG] Agenda for OGF DFDL WG call 26 January 2010- 13:00 UK (8:00 ET)

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jan 26 06:10:44 CST 2010

1. Discriminators
Review Mikes writeup

2. Unparsing lengthKind=Pattern

Representation

text
binary
String
unpadded length
Not applicable
Float
unpadded length
32
Double
unpadded length
64
Decimal/Integer
unpadded length
Minimum number of bytes to represent significant digits and sign
Long, UnsignedLong
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binary: 64
Int, Unsignedint
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binary: 32
Short, Unsignedshort
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binary: 16
Byte, Unsignedbyte
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binary: 8
DateTime
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binarySeconds: 32, binaryMilliseconds:64
Date
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binarySeconds: 32, binaryMilliseconds:64
Time
unpadded length
packed/bcd : as decimal
binarySeconds: 32, binaryMilliseconds:64
Boolean
Length of textBooleanTrue or textBooleanFalse
32
HexBinary
Not applicable
Length of infoset value

3. TLog

4 Action 071 Semantics of length=0, nil handling and defaults.

5. Go through Actions

6. Draft 037 review issues
- Case of enumerations. We should follow the XSDL convention which is that
enumerations are case sensitive

- dfdl:lengthKind='Pattern scannability:  A complex element with
lengthKind=Pattern will use its dfdl:encoding property as the encoding
when scanning its children irrespective of the child's encoding property.

Go through unanswered issues in Mike's comments doecumnet

7 Review Schedule
OGF prereview is confirmed to take about 4 weeks assuming no document
updates are required. We are behind schedule to be available for public
review by March. Draft 038 will be available at the end of this week.
Activity

Schedule
Who
Complete Action items

             - 18 Dec 2009
 WG
Complete Spec
Write up work items
            ? 23 Dec 2009
AP
Restructure and complete specification
              - 23 Dec 2009
AP
Issue Draft 038

WG review
WG review
7 Dec ? 08 Jan 2010
WG
Incorporate review comments
4 Jan - 29 Jan 2010
AP +
Issue Draft 039

Incorporate review comments
4 Jan - 29 Jan 2010
AP +
Issue Draft 040

Initial OGF Editor Review
Initial Editor review
1 Feb - 1 Mar 2010
OGF
Initial GFSG review
1 Feb - 1 Mar 2010

Issue Draft 041

OGF Public Comment period (60 days)

1 Mar - 30 Apr 2010
OGF
OGF 28 Munich

15-19 March 2010

Incorporate comments
Incorporate comments

Issue Draft 042

Final OGF Editor Review
Final  Editor review
June  2010
OGF
final GFSG review
June  2010

Issue Final specification

Publish proposed recommendation

Grid recommendation process

1 Jan - 1 April 2011

Regards

Alan Powell

Development - MQSeries, Message Broker, ESB
IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
IBM
MP211, Hursley Park
Hursley, SO21 2JN
United Kingdom