[DFDL-WG] Comments on DFDL Spec V0.37 - Remove dfdl:format annotation from complex type

Suman Kalia kalia at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jan 12 20:23:32 CST 2010

Chapter 1 :   When the scoping rules were simplified in V 0.37 of spec, we
removed dfd:format annotation from complex types but most of our examples
in chapter 1 haven't been updated to to reflect this.. The examples should
be updated to show this annotation at schema level..

   <xs:complexType name="example1">
          <xs:annotation>
            <xs:appinfo>
              <dfdl:format representation="binary"
                      byteOrder="bigEndian"
                      lengthKind="implicit"
                      binaryFloatRepresentation="ieee" />

            </xs:appinfo>
     </xs:annotation>
          <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element name="w" type="int"/>
            <xs:element name="x" type="int "/>
            <xs:element name="y" type="double"/>
            <xs:element name="z" type="float" />
          </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>

Section 7.1 ( Page 47) --  Table should be updated to remove dfdl:format
annotation from complex type..

Schema object
DFDL annotation
xs:choice
dfdl:choice
xs:complexType
dfdl:format

Suman Kalia
IBM Toronto Lab
WMB Toolkit Architect and Development Lead
WebSphere Business Integration Application Connectivity Tools

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/businessintegration/wmb.html

Tel : 905-413-3923  T/L  969-3923
Fax : 905-413-4850 T/L  969-4850
Internet ID : kalia at ca.ibm.com