[DFDL-WG] Fw: FYI, progress on test cases

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Mon Dec 20 02:14:21 CST 2010

 Regards

Alan Powell

Development - MQSeries, Message Broker, ESB
IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
IBM
MP211, Hursley Park
Hursley, SO21 2JN
United Kingdom
Phone: +44-1962-815073
e-mail: alan_powell at uk.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Alan Powell/UK/IBM on 20/12/2010 08:13 -----

From:   Joe Futrelle <futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:     Alan Powell/UK/IBM at IBMGB
Cc:     "Robert E. McGrath" <remcgrat at illinois.edu>
Date:   17/12/2010 17:34
Subject:        FYI, progress on test cases

(Alan, this is also for the WG, or whoever is interested)

Regrettably, Daffodil is failing 100% of the test cases that I received
this week. This primarily results from the fact that Daffodil currently
does not implement section 8.1 "Providing defaults for DFDL properties"
and I believe that feature is used in every test case.

I will need to implement that; in the meantime, I am trying to get our
annotation parser to recognize all the annotations in the  test cases
without incorrectly flagging them as schema definition errors, and I'm
running into numerous places where Alejandro's code appears to be slightly
behind the spec, or where he has made minor and easily-correctable
misspellings (e.g., "supress" instead of "suppressed"), etc.

Daffodil also doesn't handle empty string refs properly in at least one
case, which is how I ran into the "QName and empty string" issue.

--
Joe Futrelle
Cyberenvironments and Technologies