[DFDL-WG] Using gridforge trackers for comments/corrections and formal feedback

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:42:50 CST 2009

I took the action item to examine the gridforge facilities for more
formalizing public commentary and feedback.

The complexity is that there are 4 mechanisms: "trackers", "tasks",
"discussions", and "wiki".

Another workgroup I used to participate in (DAIS) appears to have settled on
trackers and limited wiki, and I'm not sure about the wiki part.

Based on this I kicked off use of the trackers by creating one for us, and
adding one item to track which is the lengthKind='bits' action item.

Take a look here:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/projects.dfdl-wg/tracker.specification_version_1_0

There is richness here which would allow attachment of draft doc sections,
test case files, etc. if needed.

One can have many trackers - which are like master organizing categories of
items to track. I am not sure it is helpful to have more than one overall
containing "tracker".

DAIS WG does have more than one, but I suggest we start with only one and
add more only if necessary.

The DFDL Wiki is hopelessly obsolete. I will delete the bogus content there
so that it is at least not misleading.