[DFDL-WG] DFDL Discriminators discussion

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Tue Nov 24 09:49:48 CST 2009

Following on from Stephanie's WTX example on last weeks call I think that
restricting discriminator to resolving their parents provides the level of
control that we need.

I have updated Mike's example with this syntax

Note I have flattened the schema as I find that easier to read and
'enhanced' some the the dfdl properties.

To illustrate the flexibility if  'L' had a test="{ fn:exists( . ) }"
discriminator then if an L record had been found then the parse would fail
rather than backtracking to Blob.

Alan Powell

 MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley,  Winchester, SO21 2JN, England
 Notes Id: Alan Powell/UK/IBM     email: alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
 Tel: +44 (0)1962 815073                  Fax: +44 (0)1962 816898