[DFDL-WG] Action 029 outputValueCalc, variables (& also contribution for 026 - env. and payload)

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Sat May 23 18:39:26 CDT 2009

Finally, here's a draft document about outputValueCalc, unparsing, and,
variables, and such.

Also attached is a zipped eclipse project containing two subdirs:
outputValueCalc has examples of ... outputValueCalc, and variables has an
envelope payload example enhanced and corrected somewhat over a prior one I
sent.

There's one entirely new concept here. I added an attribute to
dfdl:defineVariable to specify whether the variable is for input (parsing)
or output (unparsing). I was unable to get things to work in any simple
manner without separating the two classes of variable. This doesn't seem too
bad actually.

...mike

Note: Please do not send sensitive data in unencrypted form in email. We
cannot provide secure transit for email over the Internet.

Mike Beckerle | CTO | Oco, Inc
Tel: 781-810-2125 | 100 Fifth Ave, 4th Floor, Waltham, MA 02451 |
mbeckerle at oco-inc.com | www.oco-inc.com <http://www.oco-inc.com/>
Blog: cboblog.typepad.com <http://cboblog.typepad.com/>

TURNING DATA INTO ANSWERS. FASTER THAN YOU EVER IMAGINED.