[DFDL-WG] DFDL & support for XML Schema 1.1

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:13:19 CDT 2008

Very good.

If these are the primary things in Schema 1.1, then this is a big help.

Question: if we drop unordered property so that we have xsd:sequence groups
and xsd:all groups, will we retain restrictions on nesting, i.e., can't nest
xsd:all inside an xsd:all, etc.

To me there's little or no downside to these restrictions because you can
always put an element "wrapper" around an xsd:all group which changes the
logical model, but in DFDL doesn't imply anything about the physical
representation, so it's not really a problem.

I assume xsd:all will have the semantics of preserving the arrival order, so
it is much like an array of choice semantically. That is, the DFDL infoset
will have the items within the xsd:all group in the order they appear in the
physical data.

Mike Beckerle | OGF DFDL WG Co-Chair | CTO | Oco, Inc.
Tel:  781-810-2100  | 504 Totten Pond Road, Waltham MA 02451 |
<mailto:mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com> mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com

  _____