[DFDL-WG] Fw: SCD and DFDL

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 29 06:44:01 CDT 2008

We should discuss on today's call.

Programming Model Architect
WebSphere Message Brokers
Hursley, UK
Internet: smh at uk.ibm.com
Phone (+44)/(0) 1962-815848
----- Forwarded by Steve Hanson/UK/IBM on 29/10/2008 11:36 -----

Sandy Gao/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA

DFDL-Technical-All

SCD and DFDL

All,

My understanding is that Schema Component Designator (SCD) [1] will become
part of the DFDL infoset. The W3C schema working group issued a new draft
of SCD on Sept. 10. It may make sense for someone in the DFDL land to
review this new draft to see whether it meets our needs.

Note in particular that some recent changes to SCD makes it possible to
refer to particle components (which was not possible before). This should
help DFDL.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-ref/

Thanks,
Sandy Gao