[DFDL-WG] DFDL: Minutes for DFDL WG call - 2008-05-14

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:40:15 CDT 2008

Only Alan Powell and I were in attendance. I guess this call had been
"officially" cancelled, so these are the unofficial notes.

1)       Alan to put additional pieces into Draft 32.x and distribute to
Mike (& others) by end of week so it can be reviewed in advance of meetings
next week, and to provide a clean context.

2)       Topics suggested for discussions next week include:

a.       Variable markup - very general mechanism. Implications?

b.       Combination of these 3 related topics:

                                                               i.
Choice/Discriminators/Assertions

                                                             ii.
Speculative Parsing description - Alan to send Mike some internal IBM
initial drafts coming from IBM's TX team

c.       Property reordering in the document - this seems related to (b)
also.

d.       Selectors - can we simplify so we don't overspec this.

e.       Escape Schemes - need specific use cases. How general a mechanism
do we need? We're talking about a parameterizable lexical analyzer here. A
really general one is very general, but is there anything that stops short
of this that is general "enough"?

3)       Mike to call Alan and/or Steve from Hursley A-block reception at
8:30 or thereabouts Monday morning.

  _____