[DFDL-WG] DFDL: Calculated Values section rewrite

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Thu Mar 27 13:02:06 CDT 2008

Mike

A couple of comments on the using derived/representation nomenclature with
OutputValueCalc and a couple of minor corrections.

However I thought the Length Prefix example a bit odd as I would have
expected a single HexBinary element rather than an array of bytes.

And that got me thinking why isn't it just LengthKind=prefixed but I
discovered that there is no proper description of prefixed. Was it
intended to cover different kinds of length prefix or is it assumed to be
2 (or 4) bytes?

Alan Powell

 MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley,  Winchester, SO21 2JN, England
 Notes Id: Alan Powell/UK/IBM     email: alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
 Tel: +44 (0)1962 815073                  Fax: +44 (0)1962 816898