[DFDL-WG] DFDL Decimal - final proposal

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:45:02 CDT 2008

I looked at numberCheckPolicy in 032 draft.

I agree that if we're going to use this for both packed and text to control
the issue of multiple reps of zero being allowed then we need to pull it out
of the defineTextNumberFormat object.

However, this still leaves ambiguous what the unparsed representation of
zero should be.

We can either say that the strict form is what is used for zero, or we have
to give a separate property which specifies what the rep of zero is.

It is conservative to just use the strict form. We can add the property
later if it is needed.

Mike Beckerle | OGF DFDL WG Co-Chair | CTO | Oco, Inc.
Tel:  781-810-2100  | 504 Totten Pond Road, Waltham MA 02451 |
<mailto:mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com> mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com

  _____