[DFDL-WG] Agenda for today's DFDL call

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jan 9 10:52:44 CST 2008

1) OGF 22 in Cambridge, MA
Will we participate and if so who will go

2) Level set on spec drafts
Mike circulated a proposal
Then issued v030 (vNext in the proposal)
Assign owners to spec work items in the vX+n drafts

3) Expression language
Forward reference limitation - confirm
What data type returned by an expression
This reveals underlying question, namely a DFDL property has an XML schema
type and a 'resolved' type for use by the parser.
Eg: dfdl:length is a string in XML Schema terms, but must resolve to an
integer ultimately.

4) Nulls and defaults, and whether we can drop useNullValueForDefault

5) ...

Regards, Steve

Steve Hanson
WebSphere Message Brokers