[DFDL-WG] DFDL: Calculated Values section rewrite

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:02:48 CDT 2008

Hmm. We're in this situation where DFDL is so rich with features that
anything those features don't handle will by definition be an obscure corner
case thereby hard to motivate.

I can change this example to use three single byte binary integers instead
of 6 packed decimal digits. This is certainly a feasible binary data format,
though it's nothing I've ever seen. It also makes the example orthogonal to
the decimal changes, so generally is more on point.

Attachment is new example plus the other improvements suggested.

  _____