[DFDL-WG] DFDL: Calculated Values section rewrite

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:44:24 CDT 2008

Re: no proper description of prefixed. Recall that last Nov we discussed
lengthKind='prefixed'. See
http://www.ogf.org/pipermail/dfdl-wg/2007-November/000667.html

This eliminates the keywords for prefix types and lengths of prefix fields.
We just introduce predefined types like dfdl:prefix2 and dfdl:prefix4 which
are very keyword-ish names.

I guess this material is pending for inclusion into the spec still.

Now back to our regularly scheduled email reply...

I've attached a revised calculated value properties doc which incorporates
suggestions from Alan, specifically, there's a new example, which is a 2-d
array with nrows, ncols fields stored before it. I think this motivates the
connection between outputValueCalc, and number of occurrences and occurs
calculations nicely.

.mikeb

  _____