[DFDL-WG] Fw: Nulls and Defaults

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:48:09 CDT 2008

I don't understand your two notions of infoset wins vs target field wins. It
would be useful to discuss these cases.

There are plenty of data formats that require buffering in order to deal
with. I think we simply have to say that DFDL implementations may have to
buffer data when formats require it.

Note that DFDL implementations might buffer data unnecessarily, i.e., when
other more clever implementations can figure out how NOT to buffer, but the
converse is not true. There are formats where every DFDL implementation must
do some buffering.

  _____