[DFDL-WG] DFDL core draft 025 released

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 14 16:49:28 CDT 2007

I've released internal draft 025 which you can find here:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.dfdl-wg/docman.root.current_0/doc14764/1

I didn't get everything into it that I'd hoped. But I promised a number of
people an improved draft by COB today, and this one is a big improvement
over 019.

Here's things I wanted to get in but couldn't:

- we've settled the opaque data discussion. Someone should figure out
where in 025 this treatment belongs and how the text of the proposal
(circulated in email earlier this week) should be redone inside the core
spec.

- the discussion of variables is now in back matter which is gradually
being phased out. (too formal/mathematical suitable for implementors only)
But somebody needs to read the discussion of variables there and create a
more user-centric discussion of the same.

- null/default/optional - this is the focus of my work right now. Should
have a proposal out next week.

Next week on our wednesday call I want to go over the new organizational
structure of this draft.

Note: change tracking is turned ON in this draft. Please DO NOT send me
comments on this draft in any form except using MS-WORD COMMENTS in the
document. I really really don't want to piece through emails that say "on
page xxx section yyy I think ....". It is much easier if people use
MS-WORD Comments feature and then we can easily just merge stuff.

Thanks

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group