[DFDL-WG] WG call 2007-09-12

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Wed Sep 12 10:52:41 CDT 2007

I have a couple of expression language queries

1. Accessing hidden values - it seems inconsistent to allow access to
hidden values when xpath is used within the DFDL domain but not when used
outside.

2. Where xpath is allowed in the schema - It is currently allowed in an
arbitrary set of properties (initiator, terminator, separator,
occurseparator, null, etc ). Why not allow it everywhere?

Alan Powell

 MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley,  Winchester, SO21 2JN, England
 Notes Id: Alan Powell/UK/IBM     email: alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
 Tel: +44 (0)1962 815073                  Fax: +44 (0)1962 816898

Mike Beckerle <beckerle at us.ibm.com>
Sent by: dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

dfdl-wg at ogf.org

[DFDL-WG] WG call 2007-09-12

I have two things that we can discuss:

The above is v3. It differs in that sequences with length were added.
There's an issue in comments of the doc we can discuss.

Also: a new related proposal below - I can overview this, but we don't
really need people to weigh in with opinions/decisions until more of a
chance to think it through.

...mikeb

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Platform and Solutions
Westborough, MA 01581
direct: voice and FAX 508-599-7148
assistant: Pam Riordan
                 priordan at us.ibm.com
                 508-599-7046
[attachment "proposal-to-simplify-opaque-types-v3.doc" deleted by Alan
Powell/UK/IBM] [attachment "proposal-to-simplify-hex-base64-v1.doc"
deleted by Alan Powell/UK/IBM] --
  dfdl-wg mailing list
  dfdl-wg at ogf.org