[DFDL-WG] DFDL infoset

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 31 11:21:15 CDT 2007

Simon - there's also a requirement to get at the underlying metadata for
an infoset item, should an implementation wish to do so. SCD has been
suggested as a good way to do this, you may want to look at this prior to
the call (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-ref/). Means each infoset item
would have a (eg) [metadata] member too.

Regards, Steve

Steve Hanson
WebSphere Message Brokers
Hursley, UK
Internet: smh at uk.ibm.com
Phone (+44)/(0) 1962-815848

"Simon Parker" <simon.parker at polarlake.com>
Sent by: dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

<dfdl-wg at ggf.org>

[DFDL-WG] DFDL infoset

Good afternoon.

Steve sent me the infoset draft for review. I considered it along with the
embedded comments, and felt a slightly different approach might make our
intention clearer and allow more rigour with fewer words. I offer this
alternative starting point for further discussion and refinement; if it
doesn't find favour I'll go back and refine the original.

Hope this helps,
 Simon