[DFDL-WG] DFDL-WG session at OGF21

Alan Powell alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
Tue Oct 16 10:21:24 CDT 2007

Mike

Already had the session which was a bit of a disappointment as only 4
attendees. No new volunteers to join the group

Here are the notes from the session

Hi Alan,

attached are the meeting notes - please let me know if you
have any questions.

As for feedback from the scientific data format front: as
said, I'd propose to actively approach some of the groups
working on scientific data formats.  The major ones I am
familiar with would be:

  - CDF:    http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/
  - NetCDF: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/
  - HDF5:   http://www.hdfgroup.org/products/hdf5/

There are tons more, with varying importance and often with
specific user domains, like DICOM for medical imaging
(http://medical.nema.org/).  A good list of formats is
actually:

  http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/ListingOfAllFormats.html

:-)

Hope that helps,

  Andre.

--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Alan Powell

 MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley,  Winchester, SO21 2JN, England
 Notes Id: Alan Powell/UK/IBM     email: alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
 Tel: +44 (0)1962 815073                  Fax: +44 (0)1962 816898

Mike Beckerle/Worcester/IBM at IBMUS

Alan Powell/UK/IBM at IBMGB

Fw: Dial-in for DFDL-WG session

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Platform and Solutions
Westborough, MA 01581
direct: voice and FAX 508-599-7148
assistant: Pam Riordan
                  priordan at us.ibm.com
                  508-599-7046

----- Forwarded by Mike Beckerle/Worcester/IBM on 10/16/2007 09:10 AM
-----

Joel Replogle <replogle at ogf.org>
10/15/2007 03:51 AM

Mike Beckerle/Worcester/IBM at IBMUS

Dial-in for DFDL-WG session

Hi Mike - I wanted to make sure you knew that we are using Skype
polycoms for the dial-in access, and you may pick one up to use in
your session at the registration desk.

The Skype Polycom is a USB device with speaker and microphone that
plugs into a laptop.  Start Skype on the laptop and the Polycom works
just like you'd expect a Polycom to work. :-)

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Replogle - Manager of Standards, Open Grid Forum
replogle at ogf.org                   http://www.ogf.org