[DFDL-WG] Related work

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 2 09:26:40 CDT 2007

David,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  This looks similar in spirit
to something we call "virtual XML" at IBM.

At minimum we need to reference this work from our specs. the SDF markup
isn't particularly sophisticated in the current version from what I can
see in the doc, but obviously it is suitable for the kinds of data it is
targeted at.

Specifically  I want to look at the treatment of arrays. We've had a bunch
of discussion in the DFDL WG about arrays and ultimately we punted on them
(other than just 1 dimensional vectors).

...mikeb

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Platform and Solutions
Westborough, MA 01581
direct: voice and FAX 508-599-7148
assistant: Pam Riordan
                  priordan at us.ibm.com
                  508-599-7046

"Giaretta, DL (David)" <D.L.Giaretta at rl.ac.uk>
Sent by: dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org
10/02/2007 05:59 AM

<dfdl-wg at ogf.org>
cc
Stéphane Mbaye <stephane.mbaye at gael.fr>
Subject
[DFDL-WG] Related work

I have been lurking on this list for some time but I realise that there is
a related piece of work, namely DRB - see http://www.gael.fr/drb/site/ -
which I should bring to your attention.

It has been developed by the company Gael and is used by the European
Space Agency (ESA), but I believe it will shortly be, or may already be,
open source.

...David--
  dfdl-wg mailing list
  dfdl-wg at ogf.org