[DFDL-WG] DFDL

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 3 11:19:57 CST 2007

Christian,

The DFDL current spec is still quite in flux though the introductory
material may help you understand if DFDL is the right kind of tool for you
or not. Here's a link to the current working documents:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc14052?nav=1

Implementations are working a bit ahead of the spec. I'm hoping that an
IBM alphaworks software system will be released soon which contains a DFDL
implementation that is close to the current state of the specification and
the understanding of the working group.

In terms of timelines. We are still hoping to solidify this standard in

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Integration Solutions
Westborough, MA 01581
USA

"Christian HARAN" <christian.haran at capgemini.com>
12/28/2006 06:21 AM

<dfdl-wg at ogf.org>, <M.Westhead at epcc.ed.ac.uk>, Mike
Beckerle/Worcester/IBM at IBMUS

DFDL

Good morning,
I'm very interested in the DFDL project.
Please where can I find the DFDL specifications (XML schema), and the most
advanced DFDL parser version ?
I With DFDL schema, may we :
- describe alone bits with their position in the input data
- describe jump of bits in the input data
- describe different interpretation of input data fields depending on the
value of other input data fields
Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Christian HARAN
Capgemini
@ : christian.haran at capgemini.com
Tel : (33)05.59.25.34.16

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute,
or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
message.