[DFDL-WG] V3 of length/occurs simplification proposal

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 29 13:52:14 CDT 2007

Seems like occursStopValueKind="literal" only applies to
representation="text".

With that caveat, I think I agree we need to be able to say

<element name="x" type="int" maxOccurs="unbounded"
dfdl:occursSeparator="|" dfdl:occursKind="stopValue" dfdl:stopValue="done"
dfdl:occursStopValueKind="literal" dfdl:representation="text"/>

Then this would be valid 3 occurences for element x.

2|3|4|done

I think we shoudl rename dfdl:stopValue to dfdl:occursStopValue for
consistency.

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group
Information Platform and Solutions
Westborough, MA 01581
direct: voice and FAX 508-599-7148
assistant: Pam Riordan
                  priordan at us.ibm.com
                  508-599-7046

Steve Hanson <smh at uk.ibm.com>
08/29/2007 01:32 PM

Mike Beckerle/Worcester/IBM at IBMUS
cc
dfdl-wg at ogf.org, dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org
Subject
Re: [DFDL-WG] V3 of length/occurs simplification proposal

Mike - looking at an old level of the spec, we had a occursStopValueKind
property, with enums 'logical', 'literal' and 'missing'.  Analogous to
nullvalueKInd property.  I'm sure we want to handle 'missing' differently
but the literal v logical distinction is required. How are we proposing to
cover this?

Regards, Steve

Steve Hanson
WebSphere Message Brokers
Hursley, UK
Internet: smh at uk.ibm.com
Phone (+44)/(0) 1962-815848

Mike Beckerle <beckerle at us.ibm.com>
Sent by: dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

dfdl-wg at ogf.org

[DFDL-WG] V3 of length/occurs simplification proposal

Based on minutes from last week's meeting I've updated to v3 the proposal
for simplifying length/occurs properties.
Changes are marked with comments. --
 dfdl-wg mailing list
 dfdl-wg at ogf.org