[DFDL-WG] Minutes of 2007-08-01 meeting

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 12:05:19 CDT 2007

Attended: Mike Beckerle, Geoff Judd, Alan Powell, Simon Parker

Continued review of Simon Parker's comments on draft 019. Resolved a few.
General principle is to be conservative, things that we can liberalize
later if needed we will choose to be more restrictive about in v1.0.

sp25 - hidden. Keep as just elements. (Conservative)

sp28 - leave out multivalued for now. (Conservative)

sp32 - change to  just refer to XPath 2.0 definition of effective boolean
value.

sp33 - as early as possible. (Conservative) , i.e., when scope where
property is bound is entered is when expressions are evaluated.

sp35& sp36 - remove this sectino (it's an artifact of layering that was
removed from v1.0)

 Action Item: Alan Powell and Goeff Judd -  regexp - revisit swift need
for regexp in IBM mrm parser. Contrast with TX speculative approach.
Report back.

Additional point - certain properties may be regular expressions (escape
syntax TBD) - we concluded that this really is needed. Case sensitive and
insensitive, various line endings tolerated.

sp37 - conservative choice: require {} around expressions in all contexts.