[dfdl-wg] How to deal with variable length elements?

Robert E. McGrath mcgrath at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:55:28 CST 2006

Thanks STeve.  I'll look through these carefully.

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 10:31, Steve Hanson wrote:
>  I fully realise that my scheme does not handle
> multi-dim or sparse arrays.

This is OK.  My approach is to show that we can handle 1D
arrays, and then try to show that we can do multiD arrays
via a hidden 1D array.

One step at a time!

The second step may or may not be possible within a single
DFDL schema.  I don't knwo yet.

---
Robert E. McGrath, Ph.D.
1205 West Clark