[dfdl-wg] Notes from telcon 2006-07-26

Westhead, Martin (Martin) westhead at avaya.com
Wed Jul 26 12:04:31 CDT 2006

Present

Mike Beckerle

Tom Sugden

Bob McGrath

Geoff Judd

Martin Westhead

Steve Hanson

Discussion

DFDL Lite

Various ways of trying to cut down the complexity of the current
document were considered. The subset of functionality that IBM
considered useful (by considering use-cases) did not succeed in reducing
the size of the document very significantly. We talked about the
possibility of trying to produce a tighter spec for September just on
the basis of limited resources and trying to produce something clear and
implementable.

How to proceed to refine the current document

Mike has an action to review the document and make a list of candidate
areas for relegation in this version of the document (note not
necessarily the first submitted release)

Update on OGF planning

We missed the deadline for submissions (because due to the reorg we were
dumped off the admin mailing list). We are waiting to see if we can get
a scheduled slot.