[dfdl-wg] DFDL work group call 2006-07-12

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 12 11:47:16 CDT 2006

Attended:

Martin Westhead
Mike Beckerle
Steve Hanson

Mike working on consolidating wildcards/uncertainty, variables,
defaults/nulls/optionals, and list of properties into the combined
document.

Martin sent materials on hidden elements to Mike also for incorporation.

So called "missing" materials on selectors/test/guards is actually in the
conversions material (will need to be refactored out given current
combined doc outline)

Goal: all these pieces combined in 1 to 2 weeks.

Martin still working on how to express semantics of groups, targeting a
write up of something in 1 to 2 weeks.

Planning:

General GGF meeting in Sept. 11-14,  In Washington DC. We will need to
present there. However, there's no reason for our GGF presentation
sessions to be part of our F2F meeting.

Tentative plan: Face to Face workgroup meeting on Sept 13, 14, 15 ? IBM
can host at a facility, but these are in the suburbs; hence,  are not near
the Convention center where Grid World and GGF will be taking place.

*** Question for the group: are these dates reasonable?  Who would/ would
not be able to attend?

Our goal should be to have our combined draft document in 'reasonable
shape' such that we can use the GGF meeting to invite/recruit new members.
What we mean by 'reasonable shape' is not that the document will be
anywhere close to final form, but more like the document will be
informative and not mislead people about the direction we are heading.

We'll have to make a call on whether we think we'll achieve this level
with our document about a month in advance of the GGF meeting since we'll
need to reach out to potential new members for our WG in advance of the
GGF meeting in order to get them to attend the sessions.

...mikeb

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing
IBM Software Group